Saturday, May 19, 2007

Blueprints On A Small Catapult

Effect "pencil sketch"

a quickie tutorial for my students in engineering:-P
This is just one of the possible methods.

Step 1.

Start by opening a photo portrait, on the File menu -> Open.








Step 2.


Duplicate image layer by dragging it on the icon at the bottom of the Layers palette "creates a new level." The new level should be above the original. Rename the lower the "original" and the top "copy". Hide the original one for now by clicking the eye icon in the Layers palette. Select the layer "copy" and go to the MENU IMAGE -> ADJUSTMENTS -> desaturation, or follow the following keyboard shortcuts:

PC: 'Ctrl + Shift + U' = Desaturate
Mac: 'Cmd + Shift + U '= Desaturate

the image is desaturated.









Step 3.


Now duplicate the layer "copy" (unsaturated), and then select it and go to the MENU IMAGE -> Adjustments -> Invert or alternatively with the keyboard shortcuts:

PC: 'Ctrl + I' = Reverse
Mac: 'Cmd + I = Invert






So the image looks









Step 4.


Now select the layer "inverted" (the top) and from the drop-down list to the blend mode layer (blending layers) selected from the menu descent "color dodge" (for the Italian version you need look in the screenshot to the left order). Still, the keyboard shortcuts:

PC: 'Alt + Shift + D' = Color Dodge
Mac: 'Option + Shift + D' = Color Dodge





Here are the results seem to be the ... dots to be joined dell'enigmistica ?:-).. true but do not worry, now we get to the good.








Step 5.


Finally, taking the top layer still selected go to Filter menu -> Blur -> Gaussian Blur (Gaussian blur) and "play" with a value of "Radius". In my case, a value between 5 and 8 works pretty well :-). Et voila!





Step 6.


... Of course, then such experience can be made more interesting by giving prominence to the image that already look lovely ;-) gave them to her green eyes?! Ok, I've done them to him :-) blue (if you do not see right, click on image to view larger)
Ops ... I forgot to write what I did for this step by ... ok, so you are good: - P



Are you missing something or tips and anything else you know how to contact me on ... msn or skype the fastest way ... well now I've got an idea, I throw it like that. If you are interested in and a number, we could organize a conference session on skype where a lecture course to be prepared in time so ... let me know. Keep in touch!
ps comments are appreciated.

0 comments:

Post a Comment